20 Questions Book Tag!
1. How many books are too many for a series?
Honestly, if the series is well done, don't put a number on it! I love the longer series because you can really get immersed into the world, with the characters and all the drama and adventure.
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. I love the anticipation it causes for the next book and I have no problem dropping that one and flying to grab the next one. The hate part, when the next book isn't on my shelf or not released yet. Recently I read King of Scars (well, recently as when it was released) and this wait for the next book is absolute torture! I have been known to put off reading books because I hear about the killer cliffhangers and instead of dealing with that pain, I wait.
3. Hardcover or Paperback?
This is such an easy question for me. Hardcoveres all the way. I love how they look on the shelves all lined up. I love the sturdy feel of them when I'm reading. I just love them!
4. Favorite Book?
Ok, I hate these questions. I love so many books for so many reasons and, there are just so many amazing books. HOW CAN I ONLY PICK ONE? So i won't. :) Here are a few of my favorites instead.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab. The world is amazing, the magic system is unique and I love the characters so much!
- Everything my Mary E Pearson. Honestly if you haven't picked up The Remnant Chronicles yet, what are you waiting for? Run-away princesses, arranged marriages, assassin's, kingdoms at war. Amazing!
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller. "They've never found the body of the first and only boy who broke my heart. And they never will." I mean with that opening how can you not pick this book up!
-Pandemonium by Willow Anderson. This is a magical circus book where to win you must be willing to sacrifice it all! So good!
5. Least Favorite Book?
So I actually don't like these questions either. Just because I didn't like a book, doesn't mean someone else won't. But for the sake of the question, I don't like Pride and Prejudice. I've tried reading it so many times, and I've tried reading so many retellings, but I just can't.
6. Love triangles, yes or no?
It used to be a hard no. However, I've read a few books where it was done really well and it didn't bother me as bad. So yes, if it's done well, the characters are good matches for each other, ect. Don't just throw three people in a love triangle for the sake of it being apart of the book.
7. The Most Recent Book You Couldn't Finish?
I very rarely DNF books. Sometimes I wish I would DNF more. However, the last book I DNF was Pride by Ibi Zoboi. It was a Pride and Prejudice retelling I attempted and just couldn't. Nothing against the author or the book itself. It's me. I just can't with that story for some reason.
8. A Book You're Currently Reading?
So, currently I'm reading two books.
- Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch which is the last book in the Snow Like Ashes trilogy. If you haven't picked it up yet, give it a go! It has Throne of Glass Vibes but has kingdoms like the ACOTAR trilogy.
- Percy Jackson The Titan's Curse. This is for a buddy read where we are going through the whole series and I'm loving it! Why I've never been apart of a buddy read before is beyond me.
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
There are a few I'm always recommending. Shades of Magic series by VE Schwab and The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. If you haven't read them, then I am now recommending you do!
10. Oldest book you've read by publication date?
I remember reading The Odyssey by Homer in 10th grade English and it's easily the oldest book I've read.
11. Newest book you've read by publication date?
The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller. I have newer books than this on my shelf, but I've been seriously working on my back-listed books and avoiding the newer ones like they are the plague.
12. Favorite Author?
And back to the favorites! So I have a few auto buy authors and those are VE Schwab, Leigh Bardugo, and Mary E Pearson. There are so many more authors that I love as well though.
13. Buying or borrowing books?
I'm a book hoarder. I want all the books. I'm not sorry.
14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
Going back to Pride and Prejudice for this one. Sorry.
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks, and if I can't find one a piece of paper, a hair-tie, anything will work. If you dog-ear, no hate, it's just not my thing.
16. A book you can always reread?
A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab. So good!
17. Can you listen to music while reading?
Not very well. If it's something classical, with no words and it's very softly playing in the background, then yes. But anything with words, my mind latches onto those and I cannot concentrate for the life of me.
18. One POV or multiple?
I love, love, love it when I get multiple points of view! I love looking into all the characters heads, and seeing the world and situation through their persepective.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Well what I do and what I can do are two completely different things. If I could sit and read all day, I could easily read a book in one sitting. However, life doesn't make that possible all that often. With three kids and running a home business and all the other adult responsibilities, I'm pretty limited to reading after the kids have gone to bed.
20. Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to! I'm pretty late to the game so I'm sure it's been done by almost everyone by now!